See something that looks familiar here? Perhaps you saw it first over at Family Home and Life, my other blog.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

* Things Are Not Always What They Seem to be

We went to Home Depot the other day, my husband pushing the cart, me trailing along slightly behind. I veered off to the side to ask at the customer service desk about an item I was looking for. My husband hadn’t noticed I wasn’t still following him and kept going, and the answer to the question I asked about was taking longer than it should have. When I finally turned around to follow my husband he was long gone.
I started walking in the direction he was last going, and looking down each aisle as I went.  I passed two women laughing about something. Not finding my husband down the aisles I turned around and headed back the way I had come. The two women were still standing there so I asked them if they had seen a bald gentleman pushing a cart walk by. They looked at each other then asked “Does he have a jean purse in his cart?” “Yes he does” I replied and they burst out laughing again. “He went that way”, they pointed, “we thought he had matched his purse to his outfit perfectly!” I laughed then too getting the joke.
So the next time you see something that seems out of place to you, just remember, there’s another side to the story.


Copyright © 2013 by Hill House Homestead ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

1 comment:

  1. Ha! And I'm sure he was oblivious, which makes it all the more amusing!

    ReplyDelete

Gosh I love to read your comments! Thanks for leaving one :)