See something that looks familiar here? Perhaps you saw it first over at Family Home and Life, my other blog.

Monday, September 16, 2013

* If I Had Time Today……

It is such a beautiful fall day here in Arizona; I’ve got all the blinds open and drapes pulled back, the windows are open and I'm enjoying the cool air and beautiful view. It is a work day for me; I work out of my house most of the time. I have a few grandchildren here napping right now, and I know that if I don’t take this time, while I can, to put my feet up I’ll regret it later. But I can’t help myself because after the summers we endure here, I have a huge list of things to do. I feel like I should be up doing chores; things that need doing, and things that I want to do just because I want to.


To say I’ve been busy lately is not even close to an accurate description of how I spend my time. I’ve been on overload for a few months now; between working and taking care of my grandkids while their moms and dads work, I’ve been logging in about 60-70 hours a week! I don’t know how I’ve been doing it, but my home and yard is beginning to look rather neglected. Oh and yes, so is this blog. You’ve noticed? Oops, sorry about that. Well, what can I say; I’m only one grandmother trying to do her best.
So, since I don’t have time for all the things I’d like to do, I decided to day dream about them while I put my feet up. I think the first thing I would do is enroll at a near by community college and take an art class; get my creative juices flowing again. Then, perhaps I could get out some of those quilting projects I’ve never finished and sit on the back patio with a nice glass of ice tea and listen to an audio book and quilt away the afternoon. Maybe I would just read all the great blogs online and not worry how much time is passing by as I scroll through page after page oohing and ahhing at all the clever projects.
I could call all my old friends who are wondering what has happened to me and catch up on all the news. Maybe I could even visit some museums, or go window shopping at that fancy mall in Scottsdale. I might take a drive up to Sedona and marvel for the hundredth time at the beauty of those red rocks. Or even have a spa day, and luxuriate in all the comfort and attention.
Of course I could actually start that exercise program, and go hiking on my mountain. Maybe I could visit a riding stable and take a horseback ride through the desert. Or, I could just sit here in my recliner, and feel the cool breeze, listen to the quiet, and wait for the little loves of my life to wake and climb into my lap for some hugs and kisses. Now that sounds like a plan I can manage and have time for today.


First published at Family Home and Life. Copyright © 2013 by Hill House Homestead ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gosh I love to read your comments! Thanks for leaving one :)